Father in heaven, your holy Word tells us to mourn with those who mourn, and to not repay evil with evil, but to overcome evil with good (Romans 12).
Day by day your people pray “Deliver us from evil.” It grieves us to see evil and violence. We are grieved once again by the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas.
- We pray for those who live with anger—move them to seek help and move friends, family and others who sense that anger to help them.
- We pray for those who were injured—if it is your will, speed the healing of wounds to body and mind.
- We pray for those who have the duty to protect and serve—give them strength to do their work with perseverance and patience.
- We pray for the friends and families of those who were killed—draw them to yourself. Lead them to find comfort, hope, healing and peace in you.
- We also pray that we may give faithful witness for the hope that we have, with gentleness and respect, that those around us may be led by us to you, and that they may be moved and enlightened by your gospel of peace.
…through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Modified from https://acollectionofprayers.com/2016/07/08/prayer-reflecting-on-the-shooting-in-dallas-texas-july-8-2016/